Due to the realignment of Southgate Road on Yerba Buena Island, bicycle access to Treasure Island from the Vista Point at the west end of the path will be restricted to weekends and holidays only from October 13, 2020 through April 2021. There will be no pedestrian access to Treasure Island during this time.
The Southgate Road Realignment Project will realign Southgate Road, the critical local connection between the I-80 westbound and eastbound on- and off-ramps, and reconstruct/reopen the I-80 eastbound off-ramp to Yerba Buena Island.
This project is part of a larger effort to replace and retrofit key roads and on- and off-ramps that connect the I-80 (the highway on the Bay Bridge) and Yerba Buena Island.
● During weekdays there will be NO BICYCLE ACCESS between the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island along Macalla Road. (Vista Point will be OPEN for use from sunrise to sunset during weekdays for bicyclists).
Weekends and Holidays
● During weekends and holidays, bicycle access between the Bay Bridge bike path and Treasure Island will be allowed via a temporary bike path between the Bay Bridge bike path landing at Yerba Buena Island and Macalla Road.
● Bicycles will be allowed to travel between Yerba Buena and Treasure Islands via Macalla Road and the temporary bike path. Please note that Macalla Road is VERY STEEP AND NARROW, and there are no separated bicycle facilities along this road. Therefore, bicycles will need to share the lane with motorists. For these reasons, bicycles on Macalla Road are strongly discouraged.
● The Vista Point facilities will be OPEN for use from sunrise to sunset on weekends and holidays for bicyclists.
Weekdays, Weekends, and Holidays
● Since there are no pedestrian facilities along Macalla Road, there will be no pedestrian access along Macalla Road at any time during the period October 13, 2020 through April 2021. The Vista Point facilities will be OPEN for use from sunrise to sunset for pedestrians.
Find updates for bicyclists and pedestrians at 511.org/biking/bay-bridge-trail