The Transportation Authority developed the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan at the request of Transportation Authority Board Vice-Chair Myrna Melgar (District 7), and in partnership with a 14 member Task Force, to prioritize safety and access improvements for Ocean Avenue.
During the Transportation Authority Board meeting this month, board members approved the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan Final Report. The Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan Task Force prioritized two large projects and three smaller project concepts based on prior studies of the Ocean Avenue Corridor. The projects were developed and refined with input from the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan Task Force over the course of five meetings and with input from the public collected through surveys, town hall meetings, and pop ups at community events.
- Shared pedestrian and bike path improvements, with removal of the Ocean Avenue pedestrian bridge
- K Ingleside Muni Forward improvements (includes some parking space removal)
- Ocean Avenue pedestrian safety improvements
- Ocean Avenue speed management improvements
- Bike connectivity improvements via Holloway Avenue (includes some parking space removal)