The Transportation Authority is developing the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan at the request of Transportation Authority Board Vice-Chair Myrna Melgar (District 7), and in partnership with a 14 member Task Force, to prioritize safety and access improvements for Ocean Avenue.
The Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan Task Force prioritized two large projects and several smaller project concepts based on prior studies that identified top priority transportation improvements.
The Ocean Avenue Mobility Plan Task Force has prioritized a set of project concepts for advancement in the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan. The projects were developed and refined with input from the Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan Task Force over the course of five meetings and with input from the public collected through surveys.
The projects are representations of how to apply a toolkit of improvements and are subject to more technical work and public outreach to determine final designs. See Task Force meeting summaries here.
- Shared pedestrian and bike path improvements, with removal of the Ocean Avenue pedestrian bridge
- K Ingleside Muni Forward improvements (includes some parking space removal)
- Ocean Avenue pedestrian safety improvements
- Ocean Avenue speed management improvements
- Bike connectivity improvements via Holloway Avenue (includes some parking space removal)
- To learn more about the features of each project, please visit the project website
The Ocean Avenue Mobility Action Plan final report will be presented to the Transportation Authority Board in summer 2023.