Led by the Transportation Authority, the Hillcrest Road Widening Project will upgrade the roadway to modern standards and provide additional space for pedestrians and bicyclists. The project runs between the West Side Bridges Project to the west and the Southgate Road Interchange Improvement Project to the east.
- Removal of existing retaining walls and construction of new retaining walls (with drainage) set further into the hillside above Hillcrest Road, with design features to limit distractions for Bay Bridge drivers
- Curb and gutter
- Street and pedestrian level lighting
- Safety guardrails
- Drainage facilities, striping, signage and concrete barriers throughout the project’s length.
Preliminary engineering and environmental approval
2023 - 2024
2024 – 2025
- Treasure Island Development Authority
- San Francisco Public Works
- US Coast Guard
Cost and Funding
The cost of the Hillcrest Road Widening Project is $30 million, with funding for the project from the Infill Infrastructure Grant awarded to Treasure Island Development Authority.