The SFMTA has completed a suite of improvements for people walking and biking between the Embarcadero and Financial District.
Key improvements include:
- Updated intersections with shorter crossing distances
- High-visibility crosswalks
- Bike lanes on Sansome, Battery, Vallejo, and Davis streets
- Improved pedestrian access at The Embarcadero and Sansome/Chestnut streets
- Improved curb space management and accommodation of loading
The Sansome and Battery Connections Project produced attractive alternative routes for people walking and biking from the Embarcadero to the Financial District. This project was completed in December 2019.
The Transportation Authority supported this project with $200,000 in funding from our Neighborhood Program at the request of Transportation Authority Chair and District 3 Supervisor Aaron Peskin.