Transportation Planner, Planning Division
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé. This recruitment will remain opened until filled.
The city of San Francisco is at the center of the evolution of local, regional, and global transportation systems, and the San Francisco County Transportation Authority is leading the way in crafting policy and investment solutions that address current and future needs, and ensuring that our transportation systems work for all communities. We're looking for applicants with 1 year or more of experience to join our Planning Division, which is responsible for planning and corridor studies and facilitating community outreach efforts.
Reports to: Assistant Deputy Director for Planning
Exemption Status: Full-Time, Exempt
You will provide support to a variety of transportation planning projects that include citywide plans, neighborhood plans, and other more focused initiatives of the Transportation Authority. Examples of projects you may work on include:
- ConnectSF Transportation Plan: We are currently developing a long range plan for San Francisco in partnership with SFMTA and SF Planning. You may support ongoing modal studies for transit, streets and freeways, develop white papers on key policy topics, help identify and evaluate tradeoffs across modal investments, and support engagement and outreach for the plan.
- Neighborhood Transportation Improvement Program (NTIP) Planning Studies: We are initiating several planning studies for specific San Francisco neighborhoods that will help identify mobility, safety, and other solutions in these locations. You will support one or more of these studies, conducting data gathering and existing conditions analysis, public outreach, data analysis and alternatives development, and report writing.
- Emerging Mobility Pilot Strategy Implementation: We are completing a project to identify proposed pilots of emerging mobility services and a strategy to implement those pilots within the existing legal framework of SFCTA and our partner agencies. You may help complete a set of reports and briefings on this topic.
- Congestion Pricing: We are looking at congestion pricing alternatives as a means to help manage congestion in the City’s core. You may help develop white papers that define congestion pricing, its benefits and considerations, and support public outreach and stakeholder engagement.
May supervise interns and external consultants.
Annual Compensation Range: $80,035 – $110,450
Salary is effectively higher since the Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security.
In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
Retirement: up to 10.22% employer contribution
Insurance: Health, dental, life, and long-term disability. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
Deferred Compensation (Section 457)
Vacation: Three (3) weeks of vacation per year during the first 5 years of service
Holidays: 11 holidays per year, plus 3 personal holidays
Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit
This recruitment will remain open until filled. However, first consideration will be given to individuals who respond by December 20, 2019.
Send cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted) and resume via email (email@example.com) or mail:
RE: Transportation Planner, Planning Division
Attn: Human Resources
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our work, and we strive to ensure our staff represents the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. We want to employ and provide career advancement opportunities for people of any:
- race and color
- sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- religion and belief
- national, social, and ethnic origin
- parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions
- physical, mental, and sensory disabilities
- HIV status
- marital, civil union, and domestic partnership status
- past and present military service
- family medical history and genetic information
- protected status
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-522-4800.