Kudos to our director Tilly Chang for being honored as WTS SF 2019 Woman of the Year. WTS is an international organization dedicated to advancing women in transportation.
Director Chang has served with the Transportation Authority since 2003 and has 25 years experience in the transportation field. At the WTS annual awards event, she spoke about the importance of supporting students and the next generation of leaders, and particularly of promoting diversity in the field. She also highlighted key initiatives that will be important to meeting climate and equity goals in the region, including transit expansion, pricing, and building more protected bicycle lanes.
Congratulations to all the Bay Area Chapter WTS awardees including:
- Annette Williams of the SFMTA who was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award
- Randall Iwasaki, Executive Director of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority who was awarded the Honorable Ray LaHood Award (Man of the Year)
- Danielle J. Harris of the SFMTA who was awarded the Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
- Michelle Go of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission who was awarded Member of the Year
- Fehr & Peers who was named Employer of the Year
- Resilient by Design who was awarded the Innovative Transportation Solutions Award