LATEST NEWS: Treasure island Mobility Management STUDY FINAL REPORT AVAILABLE
The TIMM Study final report is available for download (4.7MB PDF).
The appendices are not included in the document but are available for download here:
- Appendix A: Outreach & Education Summary as of July 2016
- Appendix B: Demand Analysis
- Appendix C: Financial Modeling Memo
The Transportation Authority was designated as the Treasure Island Mobility Management Agency (TIMMA) in 2014. Although a separate legal entity from the Transportation Authority, TIMMA is likewise governed by a board comprised of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, currently consisting of Jane Kim (Chair), John Avalos (Vice Chair), London Breed, David Campos, Malia Cohen, Mark Farrell, Eric Mar, Aaron Peskin, Katy Tang, Scott Wiener and Norman Yee. The TIMMA Committee was established in June 2015 and is currently comprised of Jane Kim (Chair), John Avalos (Vice Chair) and David Campos.
TIMMA's charter is to plan for sustainable mobility on Treasure Island, coordinating new ferry, regional bus service, on-island shuttle, bike share, and car share opportunities. State legislation passed in 2008 enables TIMMA to implement congestion pricing on the island.
TIMMA recently drafted the Treasure Island Mobility Management Study which incorporates feedback from residents, businesses, workers, visitors, and stakeholders into policy and advisory recommendations related to congestion tolling, affordability programs, and transportation improvements on the Island.
The recommendations from the Study were adopted at the TIDA Board meeting in July 2016 and the TIMMA Board, comprised of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, approved the study’s policy actions and recommendations—also in July 2016.
TIMMA OPEN HOUSE FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
On June 15 we held an Open House to discuss questions from residents, businesses, non-profit agencies, and Treasure Island stakeholders, and hear feedback on the Transportation Program
The Open House provided information on:
- Planned transit expansions, including Muni, ferry, and east bay transit.
- Recommended toll policies, including accommodations for current long-time residents and all low-income residents.
- Program costs and funding sources.
TIMMA continually incorporates feedback from our outreach efforts into our planning strategy.
The TIMMA Board held its first meeting in June 2015 and the TIMMA Committee held its first meeting in July 2015. The meetings of the TIMMA Board and Committee are scheduled on an ad hoc basis.
NOTIFICATION OF UPCOMING CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITIES
If you would like to receive notices of future TIMMA RFPs, add your firm to TIMMA's email list for notifications of upcoming TIMMA business opportunities. Sign up on our email newsletter/notification form. In the "Interest in Business Opportunities (RFPs/RFQs)" section, check the box next to "TIMMA Business Opportunities."
TRANSPORTATION SURVEY RESULTS ARE IN
Many thanks to the more than 300 Treasure Island residents, workers, and visitors who completed our Treasure Island Transportation Survey last fall. Your input helped us learn about existing travel patterns and concerns, as well as the transportation improvements you want to see most in the future. Download the full report of the survey results.
Didn't get a chance to take the survey? You are still welcome to fill out the survey.
Conteste una encuesta sobre el transporte en Treasure Island en https://es.surveymonkey.com/s/VNZ5LQ3.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Download the current TIMMA Fact Sheet. (Spanish and Chinese translations will be posted here shortly.)
- Download the June 2015 Citizen Advisory Board presentation.
- Download the Treasure Island Transportation Implementation Plan.
- Treasure Island Development Authority website.
- Minutes from January 8, 2014 TIDA Board Meeting.
- SFCTA contact: Rachel Hiatt, Principal Transportation Planner for the Transportation Authority. Call 415.522.4809 or send her an email.