Eight bridge structures on the west side of Yerba Buena Island are a vital component of the Yerba Buena Island traffic circulation system and also serve as an important part of the on and off-ramp system to the Bay Bridge.
The Yerba Buena Island West-Side Bridges project will bring these eight bridge structures up to current seismic safety standards. To accomplish this, five structures will be seismically retrofitted, and three structures will be demolished and replaced with realigned roadway, an overcrossing structure, and new retaining walls.
The full retrofit is expected to be complete in late 2021 or early 2022.
YBI WeSTSIDE BRIDGES PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
- West Side Bridges Plan
- West Side Bridges Interim Layout
- West Side Bridges Alternative Layout
- West Side Bridges Geotechnical PFR
- YBI Street Improvement Preliminary
- TIDA TI YBI Design Development
- TI-YBI Redevelopment Project EIR I-III
- EIR IVA-IVH Environmental Setting and Impacts
- West Side Bridges Photos
|Funding||Source Funding Amount|
|Federal Funds (HBP)||$58,718,221|
|State Funds (Prop 1B)||$6,215,639|