Senior Transportation Planner, Planning Division
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé. This recruitment will remain opened until filled.
The city of San Francisco is at the center of the evolution of local, regional, and global transportation systems, and the San Francisco County Transportation Authority is leading the way in crafting policy and investment solutions that address current and future needs, and ensuring that our transportation systems work for all communities. We're looking for applicants with 3 years or more of experience to join our Planning Division, which is responsible for planning and corridor studies and facilitating community outreach efforts.
Reports to: Deputy Director for Planning
Exemption Status: Full-Time, Exempt
You will lead and support a variety of transportation planning projects, with a focus on rail and transit planning across several projects including citywide planning, corridor studies, and other more focused initiatives of the Transportation Authority. Examples of projects you are likely to work on include:
- Rail Corridor Planning: You will help support planning and coordination associated with the proposed improvements to the Caltrain corridor, including the Pennsylvania Avenue grade separation project, the 22nd Street Station Study, and the downtown extension project. This will also include coordinating with and supporting regional transit agency partners (BART and Capitol Corridor) on a project to plan for a second transbay rail crossing.
- Express Bus Planning: SFCTA is currently leading a study of express lanes on Highway 101 and 280. A key element of this project will be the identification of express bus services that will be evaluated as part of the package. This will also include supporting long range transit planning that could use future express lane networks in SF and the region.
- Emerging Mobility Pilot Strategy Implementation: We are completing a project to identify proposed pilots of emerging mobility services and a strategy to implement those pilots within the existing legal framework of SFCTA and our partner agencies. You may help to advance pilots of emerging technologies with a focus on meeting the City’s robust transit mode share, greenhouse gas emissions, and other goals.
May supervise interns and external consultants.
Annual Compensation Range: $92,820 – $128,090
Salary is effectively higher since the Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security.
In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
Retirement: up to 10.22% employer contribution
Insurance: Health, dental, life, and long-term disability. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
Deferred Compensation (Section 457)
Vacation: Three (3) weeks of vacation per year during the first 5 years of service
Holidays: 11 holidays per year, plus 3 personal holidays
Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit
This recruitment will remain open until filled.
Send cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted) and resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail:
RE: Senior Transportation Planner, Planning Division
Attn: Human Resources
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our work, and we strive to ensure our staff represents the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. We want to employ and provide career advancement opportunities for people of any:
- race and color
- sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- religion and belief
- national, social, and ethnic origin
- parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions
- physical, mental, and sensory disabilities
- HIV status
- marital, civil union, and domestic partnership status
- past and present military service
- family medical history and genetic information
- protected status
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or 415-522-4800.