✓ Want to help shape the future of transportation in San Francisco?
✓ Have a passion for storytelling and community engagement?
✓ Have a commitment to advancing equity in San Francisco's transportation system?
If so, we invite you to apply to bring your skills and experience to our communications team.
We’re looking for applicants with 3 years or more of experience in public outreach, public relations, and/or communications. As our Senior Communications Manager, you will lead communications and public outreach for a variety of planning efforts, from neighborhood-specific initiatives to citywide long-range transportation plans.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Exemption status: Full-time, Exempt
We’re looking for candidates who will bring:
- Public engagement experience to develop and implement outreach and engagement plans.
- Project management skills to oversee outreach plans and community events.
- Digital engagement experience to oversee, develop, and grow online engagement, including our website and social media channels.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail to review and create content for our website, social media, blog, email alerts, and our monthly newsletter.
- Interpersonal communication skills to build relationships and engage with members of the public, businesses, other city agencies, and other stakeholders.
- A passion for creating a more equitable future and supporting the needs and priorities of people of color, people with low-income status, seniors, people with disabilities, and more.
- New and creative ideas to involve the community in the planning process.
- The collaborative attitude of a team player.
- Knowledge of San Francisco neighborhoods and proficiency in Spanish or Cantonese are a plus.
Supervises Communications Coordinator and may supervise external consultants.
Annual Compensation Range: $99,890 – 137,850
Salary dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits. The Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security. In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package and flexible work arrangements including up to 3 days remote work per week.
Retirement: Up to 10.88% employer contribution
Insurance: Health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and more. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
Deferred Compensation (Section 457)
Vacation: Three weeks of vacation per year during the first five years of service
Holidays: 12 holidays per year, plus three personal holidays
Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Cover letter (please indicate where you saw this job posted)
- Three samples of your work, which could include: blog posts, talking points/speeches, outreach and engagement plans, PowerPoint presentations, work-related social media posts, videos, websites, brochures, fact sheets, and posters.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our work, and we strive to ensure our staff represents the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. We want to employ and provide career advancement opportunities for people of any:
- race and color
- sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- religion and belief
- national, social, and ethnic origin
- parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions
- physical, mental, and sensory disabilities
- HIV status
- marital, civil union, and domestic partnership status
- past and present military service
- family medical history and genetic information
- protected status
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or 415-522-4800.