Rail Program Manager, Capital Projects Division
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé. This recruitment will remain opened until filled.
The city of San Francisco is at the center of the evolution of local, regional and global transportation systems, and the San Francisco County Transportation Authority is leading the way in understanding the effects of emerging technologies, crafting policy and investment solutions that address current and future needs, and ensuring that our transportation systems work for all communities. We’re looking for applicants with seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience in transportation projects and program management. A State of California professional engineering license is required.
Reports to: Deputy Director for Capital Projects
Exemption Status: Full-time, Exempt
You’ll manage, oversee or coordinate project development efforts on numerous rail projects and programs funded by and/or affecting San Francisco. These include:
- Downtown Extension: We are working with partner agencies to extend rail service to the newly constructed Transbay Terminal. You may be part of performing program oversight, leading agency coordination and developing project funding plans.
- Pennsylvania Avenue: We are initiating preliminary studies for grade separating the Caltrain rail corridor between Potrero Hill and the existing 4th and King Station. You may help coordinate preliminary engineering studies, develop project alternatives and evaluate project procurement strategies.
- Central Subway: We are working with SFMTA to extend the Muni T-Third line north from Fourth and King streets to Chinatown. You may perform project delivery oversight and work closely with the SFMTA as the project advances through completion of the construction phase.
- California High-Speed Rail: The California High-Speed Rail Authority approved the preferred alternative for the draft environmental clearance document for the San Francisco to San Jose section of the statewide rail corridor. The plan for this section is a blended system with Caltrain and California High-Speed Rail sharing the same tracks. You may help provide oversight and coordinate the advancement of Caltrain and California High-Speed Rail.
May supervise external consultant teams or staff.
Annual Compensation Range: $160,000 – $225,000
Salary is effectively higher since the Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security.
In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
Retirement: up to 10.22% employer contribution
Insurance: Health, dental, life, and long-term disability. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
Deferred Compensation (Section 457)
Vacation: Three (3) weeks of vacation per year during the first 5 years of service
Holidays: 11 holidays per year, plus 3 personal holidays
Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit
This recruitment will remain open until filled.
Send cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted) and resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail:
RE: Rail Program Manager
Attn: Human Resources
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our work, and we strive to ensure our staff represents the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. We want to employ and provide career advancement opportunities for people of any:
- race and color
- sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- religion and belief
- national, social, and ethnic origin
- parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions
- physical, mental, and sensory disabilities
- HIV status
- marital, civil union, and domestic partnership status
- past and present military service
- family medical history and genetic information
- protected status
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or 415-522-4800.