High School Summer Internship Program
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé. This recruitment will remain open until filled. First consideration will be given to individuals who respond by May 26, 2023.
What to expect from this Internship?
This internship is an opportunity for high school students to expand their learning outside of the classroom and gain skills and experience working in a professional setting. You will get to learn about the Transportation Authority and the work we do to shape transportation across the city.
The internship program will run for six weeks from June 19 through July 28, 2023. Interns will be required to work 4 hours per day (20 hours per week) on-site in the office.
What do you do in an internship?
- Develop new skills and gain experiences that can support a future career/college path
- Learn more about transportation in San Francisco
- Network with professionals and peers
- Get PAID for working ($18.25/hour)
Who is eligible for an internship?
Internships are intended for incoming high school juniors and seniors to extend their learning outside of the classroom.
Six-week summer internships may be available in the following divisions:
- Technology, Data, and Analysis: As a Technology, Data, and Analysis Intern you’ll get to support the team with data visualizations, data analysis, modeling technology, and more
- Planning: As a Planning Intern, you’ll get to support the team with transportation planning and neighborhood improvement studies, facilitating community outreach efforts, and more
- Capital Projects: As a Capital Projects Intern, you’ll get to support the team on large-scale construction and engineering projects
- Policy and Programming: As a Policy and Programming Intern, you’ll get to support the team with strategic policy and fund allocations and planning projects
- Communications: As a Communications Intern, you’ll get to support the team with community and stakeholder engagement opportunities, community relations, and our digital presence
How to Apply
Send a cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted) and resume via email (email@example.com) or mail:
RE: High School Summer Internship Program
Attn: Human Resources
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please include in your cover letter:
Please tell us the preferred division(s) you would like to work with and explain why you would like to work with that division.
If you are under the age of 18, a work permit will be required.