Deputy Director for Capital Projects
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé. This recruitment will remain open until filled.
The city of San Francisco is at the center of the evolution of local, regional, and global transportation systems, and the San Francisco County Transportation Authority and Treasure Island Mobility Management Agency are leading the way in crafting policy and investment solutions that address current and future needs and ensuring that our transportation systems work for all communities.
The Capital Projects Division directs the oversight of delivery of large capital projects and select programs within the Transportation Authority’s Expenditure Plan for the half-cent transportation sales tax, provides strategic project delivery support for these Expenditure Plan projects and programs, and manages delivery of select capital projects for which the Transportation Authority has direct delivery responsibilities, with activities ranging from the environmental phase through design and construction of the project. We’re looking for applicants with eight (8) years or more of progressively responsible experience in transportation projects and program management, with at least three (3) years in a management role.
You’ll lead project development and/or construction of projects such as:
- West Side Bridges Retrofit Project
- Pennsylvania Avenue Extension
- US 101/I-280 Managed Lanes and Express Bus Project
- Yerba Buena Island Multiuse Path
- I-280/Ocean Avenue South Bound Off-Ramp Realignment and Geneva Avenue North Bound Ramp Optimization
You’ll oversee the timely and cost-effective delivery, and provide strategic project delivery support for numerous capital projects and programs such as:
- Caltrain Downtown Rail Extension (DTX)
- SFMTA’s Central Subway and Geary Bus Rapid Transit Project
- Muni Metro Program Development, including Advanced Train Control
- Transit facility upgrades and vehicle procurements
- 4th and King Railyards planning
- Better Market Street
- Capital Projects Delivery Reform
Reports to: Executive Director
Exemption Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervises Assistant Deputy Director for Capital Projects and Rail Program Manager.
Annual Compensation Range: $178,255 – $246,000
Salary is effectively higher since the Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security. In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package and flexible work arrangements including up to 3 days remote work per week.
Retirement: Up to 10.88% employer contribution
Insurance: Health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and more. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
Deferred Compensation (Section 457) Up to IRS limit
Vacation: Three (3) weeks of vacation per year during the first 5 years of service.
Holidays: 12 holidays per year, plus 3 personal holidays.
Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit.
How to Apply
Send cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted) and resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail:
RE: Deputy Director for Capital Projects
Attn: Human Resources
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our work, and we strive to ensure our staff represents the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. We want to employ and provide career advancement opportunities for people of any:
- race and color
- sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- religion and belief
- national, social, and ethnic origin
- parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions
- physical, mental, and sensory disabilities
- HIV status
- marital, civil union, and domestic partnership status
- past and present military service
- family medical history and genetic information
- protected status
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or 415-522-4800.