Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018; 10:00 a.m.
Location: Legislative Chamber, Room 250, City Hall
Commissioners: Peskin (Chair), Tang (Vice Chair), Brown, Cohen, Fewer, Kim, Mandelman, Ronen, Safai, Stefani and Yee
Clerk: Steve Stamos
1. Roll Call
2. Citizens Advisory Committee Report – INFORMATION* CAC minutes
3. Approve the Minutes of the September 25, 2018 Meeting – ACTION* minutes
4. State and Federal Legislation Update – INFORMATION* memo
5. Allocate $1,470,529 in Prop K Sales Tax Funds for Eight Requests, with Conditions, and Appropriation of $490,000 in Prop K Sales Tax Funds for Three Requests – ACTION* resolution enclosure presentation
Projects: (SFMTA) 45th and Lincoln Bulb [NTIP Capital] ($100,000), YBI Hillcrest Road/Treasure Island Road Bike Path ($10,000), Bicycle Safety Education and Outreach ($90,529), Youth Bicycle Safety Education ($90,000), San Francisco Transit Corridors Study (320,000); (BART) BART Station Bicycle Parking and Access Improvements ($550,000); (SF Planning) 22nd Street Station Study ($160,000); (GGBHTD) Gangway and Piers - State of Good Repair ($150,000); (SFCTA) YBI Hillcrest Road/Treasure Island Road Bike Path ($240,000), Streets and Freeways Study ($150,000), San Francisco Transit Corridors Study ($100,000)
- BART Station Access, Safety and Capacity
- Ferry, Facilities-BART
- New Signals and Signs
- Advanced Technology and Information Systems (SFgo)
- Signals and Signs Maintenance and Renovation
- Street Resurfacing, Rehabilitation, and Maintenance
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facility Maintenance
- Tree Planting and Maintenance
8. Award an 18-month Professional Services Contract with Golden State Bridge/Obayashi Joint Venture in an Amount Not to Exceed $675,000 for Construction Manager/General Contractor Preconstruction Services for the Yerba Buena Island Westside Bridges Seismic Retrofit Project and Increase the Amount of the Professional Services Contract with WMH Corporation by $4,000,000, to a Total Amount Not to Exceed $15,300,000, to Complete Final Plans, Specifications and Estimates for the Yerba Buena Island Bridge Structures Project – ACTION* resolution presentation
Following the Transportation Authority's 2017 TNCs Today report, staff have been collaborating with other public agencies and researchers to analyze the relative contributions of various factors to observed changes in roadway congestion over the period 2010-2016. The factors studied include road network changes, population and job growth, and TNCs.
10. Introduction of New Items – INFORMATION
During this segment of the meeting, Commissioners may make comments on items not specifically listed above, or introduce or request items for future consideration.
11. Public Comment
Items considered for final approval by the Board shall be noticed as such with [Final Approval] preceding the item title.
The meeting proceedings can be viewed live or on demand after the meeting at www.sfgovtv.org. To know the exact cablecast times for weekend viewing, please call SFGovTV at (415) 554-4188 on Friday when the cablecast times have been determined.
The Legislative Chamber (Room 250) and the Committee Room (Room 263) in City Hall are wheelchair accessible. Meetings are real-time captioned and are cablecast open-captioned on SFGovTV, the Government Channel 26. Assistive listening devices for the Legislative Chamber and the Committee Room are available upon request at the Clerk of the Board’s Office, Room 244. To request sign language interpreters, readers, large print agendas or other accommodations, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (415) 522-4800. Requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure availability. Attendees at all public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical-based products.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center (Market/Grove/Hyde Streets). Accessible MUNI Metro lines are the F, J, K, L, M, N, T (exit at Civic Center or Van Ness Stations). MUNI bus lines also serving the area are the 5, 6, 7, 9, 19, 21, 47, and 49. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call (415) 701-4485. There is accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall at Civic Center Plaza and adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex. Accessible curbside parking is available on Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Board after distribution of the meeting packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the Transportation Authority at 1455 Market Street, Floor 22, San Francisco, CA 94103, during normal office hours.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102; (415) 252-3100; www.sfethics.org.