Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018; 10:00 a.m.
Location: Legislative Chamber, Room 250, City Hall
Commissioners: Peskin (Chair), Tang (Vice Chair), Brown, Cohen, Fewer, Kim, Mandelman, Ronen, Safai, Stefani and Yee
Clerk: Alberto Quintanilla
1. Roll Call
2. Chair’s Report – INFORMATION
3. Executive Director’s Report – INFORMATION report
4. Approve the Minutes of the July 10, 2018 Meeting – ACTION* minutes
5. [Final Approval] State and Federal Legislation Update – ACTION* resolution
Support if Amended: Senate Bill (SB) 1014 (Skinner)
6. [Final Approval] Amend the 2019 Prop K Strategic Plan Baseline, Allocating $19,999,636 in Prop K Funds for Two Requests, with Conditions, and Appropriating $600,000 for One Request – ACTION* resolution enclosure
Projects: (TJPA) Downtown Extension - 30% Design Part 1 ($9,678,626); (SFMTA) Paratransit and Shop-a-Round/Van Gogh Shuttles, Ramp Taxi Incentive ($10,321,010) and (SFCTA) Downtown Extension – 30% Design Oversight and Support Part 1 ($600,000)
Projects: (SFMTA) (SFMTA) Geary Bus Rapid Transit – Phase 1 Near Term ($1,392,213), Alemany and Rousseau Traffic Signal Conduits ($150,000) and Local Track Application – Based Traffic Calming Program ($200,000); (BART) Balboa Park Station Area Improvements ($700,000); (SFCTA) Geary Bus Rapid Transit - Additional Funds ($854,000)
8. [Final Approval] Approve Part 1 of the Fiscal Year 2018/19 Transportation Fund for Clean Air Program of Projects, Programming $388,003 to Four Projects – ACTION* resolution
9. [Final Approval] Adopt a Three-Year Professional Services Contract with Civic Edge Consulting in an Amount Not to Exceed $150,000 for Strategic Communications, Media and Community Relations Services for the ConnectSF Program – ACTION* resolution
End of Consent Agenda
12. [Final Approval on First Appearance] Adopt an Oppose Position on Proposition 6, the Voter Approval for Future Gas and Vehicle Taxes and 2017 Tax Repeal Initiative – ACTION* resolution
13. Update on the Independent Analysis and Oversight Services with Sjoberg Evashenk Consulting, Inc. – INFORMATION presentation
At the January 2017 Board meeting, Chair Peskin called for the Board to enter into a contract for independent analysis and oversight services to aid on a variety of potential areas as a means of supporting Transportation Authority Commissioners and their staffs in assessing the agency’s effectiveness and efficiency in achieving its mission. In July 2017 the Board awarded a professional services contract to Sjoberg Evashenk Consulting Inc., with a focus on assessing three functional areas of the agency’s operations: 1) Prop K Capital Program Administration; 2) Budget Review and Analysis; and 3) Prop K Sponsor Reimbursements.
15. Update on the District 10 Mobility Study [NTIP Planning] – INFORMATION* presentation
16. Investment Report and Debt Expenditure Report for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2018 – INFORMATION* memo
17. Introduction of New Items – INFORMATION
During this segment of the meeting, Commissioners may make comments on items not specifically listed above, or introduce or request items for future consideration.
18. Public Comment
Items considered for final approval by the Board shall be noticed as such with [Final Approval] preceding the item title.
The meeting proceedings can be viewed live or on demand after the meeting at www.sfgovtv.org. To know the exact cablecast times for weekend viewing, please call SFGovTV at (415) 554-4188 on Friday when the cablecast times have been determined.
The Legislative Chamber (Room 250) and the Committee Room (Room 263) in City Hall are wheelchair accessible. Meetings are real-time captioned and are cablecast open-captioned on SFGovTV, the Government Channel 26. Assistive listening devices for the Legislative Chamber and the Committee Room are available upon request at the Clerk of the Board’s Office, Room 244. To request sign language interpreters, readers, large print agendas or other accommodations, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (415) 522-4800. Requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure availability. Attendees at all public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical-based products.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center (Market/Grove/Hyde Streets). Accessible MUNI Metro lines are the F, J, K, L, M, N, T (exit at Civic Center or Van Ness Stations). MUNI bus lines also serving the area are the 5, 6, 7, 9, 19, 21, 47, and 49. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call (415) 701-4485. There is accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall at Civic Center Plaza and adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex. Accessible curbside parking is available on Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Board after distribution of the meeting packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the Transportation Authority at 1455 Market Street, Floor 22, San Francisco, CA 94103, during normal office hours.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102; (415) 252-3100; www.sfethics.org.