Final Report Now Available
On September 22, 2009, the Transportation Authority Board adopted the Final Report of the San Francisco On-Street Parking Management and Pricing Study.
Download: On-Street Parking Management and Pricing Study (PDF, 2.2MB)
Transportation Authority staff presented the Study to the Authority's Plans and Programs Committee on September 22.
- View the Committee meeting agenda.
- Download the staff summary memorandum (PDF).
- Download a copy of the presentation (PDF).
- Watch the September 22 Committee meeting on SFGTV (Item #5).
The Study was first considered by the Plans and Program Committee at its July 21, 2009 meeting. At that time, the Committee moved to continue the item to the September meeting.
- Download a copy of the presentation (PDF) from the July 21 Committee meeting.
- Watch the July 21 meeting on SFGTV (Item #11).
Background and Purpose
The 2004 Countywide Transportation Plan identified the pressing need for better parking management at the neighborhood level. The Countywide Plan calls for improved on-street parking mangement through a variety of strategies to support policy goals and improve on-street parking conditions.
The Transportation Authority undertook the On-Street Parking Management and Pricing Study to assess on-street parking conditions and investigate innovative approaches for more efficiently managing San Francisco's curbside parking supply, particularly in the neighborhoods. The Final Report reviews current policies, discusses parking pricing strategies, explores potential reforms to neighborhood parking programs, and presents recommendations.
- San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
- San Francisco Planning Department