SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
Date: 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Location: Legislative Chamber, Room 250, City Hall
Commissioners: Mirkarimi (Chair), Campos (Vice Chair), Avalos, Chiu, Chu, Cohen, Elsbernd, Farrell, Kim, Mar and Wiener
Clerk: Erika Cheng
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes of October 25, 2011 Meeting - ACTION* attachment
3. Chair's Report - INFORMATION
4. Executive Director's Report - INFORMATION
Recommendations from the Finance Committee
5. Increase the Authorized Amount for the Non-Federal Portion of the Memorandum of Agreement with Treasure Island Development Authority by $1,000,000, to a Loan Obligation Amount Not to Exceed $10,287,000, to Complete Preliminary Engineering and Design for the I-80/Yerba Buena Island Interchange Improvement Project; Defer the Repayment Date by Two Years; and Authorize the Executive Director to Modify Certain Agreement Terms - ACTION* attachment
6. Award a Consultant Contract to Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc., in an Amount Not to Exceed $250,000, for Program Management and Technical Support of the Van Ness Avenue Bus Rapid Transit Program, with an Option to Extend for Two Additional Years, and Authorize the Executive Director to Negotiate Contract Terms and Conditions - ACTION* attachment
Recommendations from the Plans and Programs Committee
7. Reappoint Robert Switzer to the Citizens Advisory Committee for a Two-Year Term - ACTION* attachment
8. Appropriate Up to $126,827 for the 19th Avenue Transit Corridor Investment Study, Subject to the Attached Fiscal Year Cash Flow Distribution Schedule, and Amend the Transportation/Land Use Coordination 5-Year Prioritization Program - ACTION* attachment
Items for Direct Board Consideration
9. Report on Limited Scope Performance Audit of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, Phase II - INFORMATION* enclosure
On behalf of the Board of Supervisors, the Authority appropriated Prop K funds for Phase II of the Performance Audit of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) and procured the services of CGR Management Consultants (CGR) as the independent auditors. The audit kicked off with an Entrance Conference between CGR and the SFMTA on October 20, 2010 and a progress report was presented to the Authority Board at its November 23, 2010 meeting. Jim Ayers and J. Keith Kennedy, Principals at CGR, will provide the results of Phase II of the audit. This is an information item.
10. Introduction of New Items - INFORMATION
During this segment of the meeting, Board members may make comments on items not specifically listed above, or introduce or request items for future consideration.
11. Public Comment
* Materials Attached
Please note that the meeting proceedings can be viewed live or on demand after the meeting at http://www.sfgov.org/sfgtv. To know the exact cablecast times for weekend viewing, please call SFGTV at (415) 557-4293 on Friday when the cablecast times have been determined.
In order to assist the City's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at all public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Authority Board after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the San Francisco County Transportation Authority at 1455 Market St., 22nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, during normal office hours.
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Erika Cheng at 415.522.4800 at least two business days before the meeting.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center (Market/Grove/Hyde Streets). Accessible MUNI Metro lines are the F, 5, 21, 47, 49, 71, 71L, J, K, L, M, N, T (exit at Van Ness Station). MUNI bus lines also serving the area are the 6, 7, and 9 San Bruno. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call (415) 701-4485. There is accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall at Civic Center Plaza and adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex. Accessible curbside parking is available on Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street.
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements: Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code, Sec. 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the S.F. Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 581-2300; or website www.sfgov.org/ethics.