Members of the public are invited to submit San Francisco project ideas for the Plan Bay Area 2040. Submit your project ideas by July 17, 5pm July 31, 5pm (extended!).
As the Congestion Management Agency (CMA) for San Francisco, the San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA) is assisting the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) in the Call for Projects for the 2017 update to the Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy (RTP/SCS), also known as Plan Bay Area 2040.
Plan Bay Area 2040 is a roadmap to help Bay Area cities and counties preserve the character of our diverse communities while adapting to the challenges of future population growth. It is a state-mandated, integrated long-range transportation, land-use and housing plan that will support a growing economy, provide more housing and transportation choices and reduce transportation-related pollution in the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. It builds on earlier efforts to develop an efficient transportation network and grow in a financially and environmentally responsible way. It is a work in progress that will be updated every four years to reflect new priorities.
SAN FRANCISCO'S PLAN BAY AREA 2040 CALL FOR PROJECTS
The SFCTA is coordinating the call for projects in San Francisco, working with transit operators, city agencies, civic groups, stakeholders, and the public to develop a list of new and updated projects to be included in Plan Bay Area 2040. The SFCTA will assign the county’s budget of discretionary funds to individual projects that meet readiness standards, have plan status, and are consistent with established San Francisco transportation and land-use goals.
Members of the public are invited to submit San Francisco project ideas for Plan Bay Area 2040 by July 17, 2015 July 31, 2015 at 5pm. (See next section, below, for details.) This call is looking specifically for large capacity-increasing projects - see the list of San Francisco's Plan Bay Area projects for examples.
Our approach to selecting projects for inclusion in Plan Bay Area 2040 is based on the policies and projects in our San Francisco Transportation Plan. In developing project priorities for Plan Bay Area 2040, we aim to:
- Fully fund existing transportation priorities
- Get closer to meeting state of good repair (SOGR) and fleet replacement needs
- Make new investments in key San Francisco initiatives like Vision Zero and freeway corridor management
- Identify new projects as federal New/Small Starts priorities
- Implement affordable housing and anti-displacement policies
- Position San Francisco for new revenue measures
SFCTA’s call for projects memorandum for public agency project sponsors:
- SFCTA San Francisco call for projects memo
- MTC's call for projects memo
- 2013's Plan Bay Area - San Francisco projects and programs:
- List of San Francisco projects
- List of San Francisco programs
- List of San Francisco-relevant regional projects and programs
- MTC project submission portal (for public agency staff only)
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING
You can submit project ideas via the form below. You may also be interested in providing input at one of our public meetings:
- May 27, 6:00pm at 1455 Market Street, 22nd Floor: Citizens Advisory Committee
- June 16, 10:30am at City Hall Room 263: Plans and Programs Committee
- June 24, 6:00pm at 1455 Market Street, 22nd Floor: Citizens Advisory Committee
- TBD in early Sept, 6:00pm at 1455 Market Street, 22nd Floor: Citizen Advisory Committee
- September 15, 10:30am at City Hall Room 263: Plans and Programs Committee
- September 22, 11:00am at City Hall Room 250: SFCTA Board
Check the SFCTA's Meetings, Agendas, and Events page for updated meeting times and locations.
For additional information, contact Amber Crabbe, Assistant Deputy Director for Policy and Programming via email.
Throughout the call for projects process, the SFCTA will be engaging civic groups and the public to gather input on projects and community priorities. Ideas will be reviewed by SFCTA staff and submitted to the appropriate transit operator or city agency. This call is looking specifically for large capacity-increasing projects - see the list of Plan Bay Area projects for examples.
If you would like to submit a project idea, please enter it below and click submit (max 200 words). Please include: 1) A brief description of project including location and 2) Where the project idea came from (such as from a City, neighborhood, or other transportation plan).
Ideas may also be submitted by calling (415) 522-4800 (in English) or 415-593-1655 (for Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin).
Para presentar ideas de proyectos en español, cantonés, o mandarín por favor utilice el formulario web arriba o llame a la línea de atención directa multilingüe de SFCTA al 415-593-1655.