The Prop K Strategic Plan is the financial tool that guides the timing and allocation of Prop K revenues over the 30-year Expenditure Plan period. It reconciles the timing of expected Prop K revenues with the schedule for when project sponsors need those revenues in order to deliver projects by taking into account the schedule for availability of state, federal and other funds beyond Prop K, the Transportation Authority's debt issuance capacity, the Transportation Authority's own assessment of the deliverability schedule for proposed projects, and the costs associated with project escalation and debt financing. The Prop K Strategic Plan also sets policy and provides guidance for the administration of the program ensuring prudent stewardship of the funds. Finding a balance between the availability of funds and project delivery is an iterative process that requires examining policy, analyzing agency capabilities to delivery projects consistent with the schedule and costs they have proposed, and maximizing fund leveraging opportunities without which the Expenditure Plan program of projects cannot be delivered.
The Transportation Authority Board approved the 2014 Strategic Plan on September 23, 2014. Find more information on the 2014 Strategic Plan by viewing the memo or presentation below. The Strategic Plan was amended in October 2014 to allow the SFMTA to use nearly $159 million to help replace the entire Muni fleet of light rail vehicles and expand operations for the Central Subway.
- Appendix A: San Francisco Expenditure Plan Summary
- Appendix B: Expenditure Plan Line Items
- Appendix C: Expenditure Plan Line Item Summary
- Appendix D: Prop K Major Capital Projects - Summary Update
- Appendix E: Comparison of Available Funds to Priority 1 Funding Levels (2003$'s)
- Appendix F: Programming and Finance Costs By Expenditure Plan Line Item [Amended July 2016]
- Appendix G: Cash Flow and Finance Costs By Expenditure Plan Line Item [Amended July 2016]
Previous Strategic Plans
To see Prop K-funded projects, view MyStreetSF (interactive project map).