by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, April 26, 2017
In November 2015, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) adopted the One Bay Area Grant Cycle 2 (OBAG 2), the Bay Area’s federal transportation funding framework for the next five years (Fiscal Years 2017/18 to 2021/22), with an emphasis on supporting the focused growth near transit. The San Francisco County Transportation Authority (Transportation Authority) is responsible for selecting San Francisco’s priorities for OBAG 2 County Program funds ($42.3 million).
WHAT KINDS OF PROJECTS CAN BE FUNDED?
- Transit expansion, reliability and access improvements
- Smart system management
- Transportation demand management
- Safety and streetscape improvements
- Safe Routes to School
- Priority Development Area planning and implementation
WHO CAN APPLY FOR FUNDS?
Public agencies eligible to receive federal transportation funds.
Which projects are most likely to be funded?
MTC requires that at least 70% of San Francisco’s OBAG funds be given to projects located in Priority Development Areas (map in PDF; link to an interactive map; link to the region's PDA website) in order to support location of new jobs and housing near transit. See MTC's OBAG Guidelines (Resolution 4707) for more detail on MTC's requirements.
Other factors the Transportation Authority will consider when choosing which projects to fund include:
- Project readiness
- Improvement to transportation capacity and reliability in core corridors
- Proximity to proposed affordable housing and communities of concern
- Safety and multi-modal benefits
TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY MEETING MATERIALS
Call for Projects Workshop
Call for Projects Framework
- February 28, 2017 Transportation Authority Board Resolution 17-29
- February 14, 2017 Plans and Programs Committee memo
- January 20, 2017 Citizens Advisory Committee memo, presentation
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
- Contact us with questions or comments on the OBAG program or the project selection process. Phone: 415.593.1655 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web page: www.sfcta.org/obag2
- Attend Transportation Authority Board and Committee meetings.
Para más información, por favor visite el sitio web a www.sfcta.org o llame al 415-593-1655.
Full translation of the webpage coming soon!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information or assistance with this call for projects, please email email@example.com, or contact Amber Crabbe, SFCTA Assistant Deputy Director for Policy and Programming, at 415.522.4801 or via email.