Disadvantaged Business and Local Business Enterprises
It is the Policy of the Transportation Authority that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) and Local Business Enterprises (LBEs) shall have the maximum feasible opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Transportation Authority funds. The Transportation Authority and its employees shall not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability in the award and performance of Transportation Authority contracts.
- Valid Business Registration Certificate from the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector
Evidence of maintaining a local working office in San Francisco for the past six months (e.g., utility bills, office lease, or office purchase agreement)
- For professional services (e.g., architect/engineering), total income must be less than $2.5 million
- For telecommunications services, total income must be less than $5 million
- For goods/materials/equipment and general services suppliers, total income must be less than $7 million
- Online application [NOTE: If you are certified in the same category through the other accepted programs listed below, you do not need to apply.]
- Applications must have all required supporting documentation to be approved.
- DBE (searchable)
- SBE and DVBE (searchable)
- LBE, LBE-PUC and NPE (searchable)
- DBE/LBE/SBE/LGBTBE/DVBE (.xlsx)
The Transportation Authority accepts certifications from the following programs, in lieu of a Transportation Authority certification; visit the below links for applications and information:
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), Office of Business & Economic Opportunity (OBEO) California Unified Certification Program (CUCP): DBE
- CUCP DBE Certifying Agencies
- California Department of General Services (DGS), Procurement Division (PD), Office of Small Business and DVBE Services (OSDS): California Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification Program
- City and County of San Francisco, Contract Monitoring Division (CMD): LBE
- California Public Utilities Commission Supplier Clearinghouse: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender Business Enterprises (LGBTBE)
If you have any questions regarding the Transportation Authority's DBE/LBE Program, please contact Jen Shader at 415-593-1665 or via e-mail.
Thank you for your interest in the Transportation Authority.
2018 DBE/LBE OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW AND NETWORKING EVENT to be held ON february 22
Join the San Francisco County Transportation Authority for an informative presentation to Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) and Local Business Enterprises (LBEs) in its efforts to encourage participation and collaboration of small and large firms for upcoming procurements. READ MORE