1. No purchase is necessary to enter or claim prize. Using the app more than once will not increase your chances of winning.
2. To enter the sweepstakes: Between 11:59 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 12, 2009 and drawing deadlines (see list below), use the CycleTracks app ("App") to successfully transmit ("transmittal") at least one (1) bicycle trip of greater than one-half (1/2) mile in total distance within the nine-county Bay Area region, with your email address attached to the "Personal Info" section of the App to the San Francisco County Transportation Authority's ("Authority") database to enter into all subsequent drawings. Only one entry per iPhone. The deadlines for drawings are at 11:59 a.m. PST on: Novermber 27, December 4, December 11, and December 18.
3. Prize Details: Ten (10) grand prizes will be awarded, consisting of one (1) iTunes Gift Card in the amount of $50. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, local, and foreign taxes, if any. Prizes are provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Limit one (1) prize per iPhone.
Total Approximate Retail value of All Prizes: $500
4. Drawing and awarding of prizes: Within one week following each deadline, an Administrator from the Authority will select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the Authority. The Administrator's decisions will be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be notified by email at the address submitted in the entry and will be required to confirm his/her iPhone's Unique Device Identifier ("UDID"). If the potential winner does not confirm his/her iPhone's UDID within five (5) days of initial contact, an alternate potential Winner will be selected from a random drawing among all remaining eligible entries.
5. Odds: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Eligibilility: Sweepstakes open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Authority and the City of San Francisco are not eligible to win.
7. Use of data: the Authority will be collecting personal data about participants through the use of the App. the Authority will be using this data for research purposes, and will not sell the data to any third party. Since the Authority is a public agency operating in the City and County of San Francisco, requests for the information may force the Authority to release the information pursuant to its Sunshine Policy.
8. Other conditions: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. the Authority reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions, by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which , in the Authority's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the App or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by the Authority. By entering, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Authority from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize. The Authority is not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in operation or transmission from the App, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by the Authority due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the App, (iii) communications line, hardward, and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and the Authority reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, each entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
RETURN TO CYCLETRACKS MAIN PAGE