Join the CAC! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Welcome to the San Francisco County Transportation Authority
Created in 1989, the Transportation Authority is responsible for long-range transportation planning for the city, and it analyzes, designs and funds improvements for San Francisco's roadway and public transportation networks. The Transportation Authority administers and oversees the delivery of the Prop K half-cent local transportation sales tax program. It also serves as the designated Congestion Management Agency (CMA) for San Francisco under state law, and acts as the San Francisco Program Manager for grants from the Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA). Read more
Go to the Quick Links to our projects and studies.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TO PROVIDE COMPUTER NETWORK AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority (Transportation Authority) invites proposals from interested firms for Computer Network and Maintenance Services, as necessary, to provide the Transportation Authority with on-site and on-call technology assistance for its computer and telephone systems. The proposal must respond to the specific scope of services described in Section III of this Request for Proposals (RFP). Proposals are due by Friday, September 5, 2014 at 2:00 p.m., at the Transportation Authority’s Offices. READ MORE
Improving All-Night Transportation in San Francisco
Do you travel in San Francisco late at night or early in the morning? Do you find it inconvenient or challenging? If so, we want to hear from you. We’re conducting a study on improving late-night and early-morning transportation and have launched a brief survey to learn more about the transportation needs and concerns of workers, residents and visitors who travel to, from and within San Francisco between midnight and 5am.
The survey is open through Sunday, October 5, 2014. Your participation will help us better understand transportation needs during the hours when options are currently the most limited. You’ll also have a chance to win one of three Clipper transit cards worth $50.
FOLSOM STREET OFF-RAMP REALIGNMENT PROJECT | CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Early morning on Tuesday, September 23, SFCTA contractor O.C. Jones & Sons, Inc. will close the Folsom Street Off-Ramp from Westbound I-80 from the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Motorists will be directed to utilize either of two detour options to access Folsom Street:
Option 1: From West-Bound I-80 (From Oakland/Treasure Island) take the Harrison Street Exit and connect with Folsom Street at Fremont Street.
Option 2: From Westbound I-80 (from Oakland/Treasure Island) take the Fremont Street Exit and proceed LEFT at Fremont Street, turn LEFT onto Howard Street, then turn LEFT onto First Street which will connect with Folsom Street.
See our Folsom Street Off-ramps project page for background and more details.
MyStreetSF Projects Map
From signals to streetcars, bicycles to boulevards, from pedestrian safety to paving, the Transportation Authority provides funding for hundreds of transportation projects citywide. The MyStreetSF interactive map shows projects currently underway, proposed, and recently completed that are funded by, or prioritized for funding by the Transportation Authority, as well as those for which the we provide some level of oversight, in our role as Congestion Management Agency for San Francisco. The MyStreetSF interactive map allows you to search for projects by location, Supervisorial District, project type (e.g., bicycle, pedestrian safety, transit rehabilitation), project sponsor, or timeline. Click on a project on the map to see key information (e.g., short description, schedule, cost) and a link to the project page and/or project sponsor’s main page. The map page also includes information on city-wide projects and programs like Bicycle Education and Outreach. READ MORE
Join our Citizens Advisory Committees!
Citizens (or Community) Advisory Committees, also known as CACs, are an important part of our planning efforts: they give the public—community and business stakeholders—a voice in the direction and scope of many of our projects, analyze benefits and impacts on San Francisco’s many communities, and recommend courses of action.
Get on the email list for one (or more) of our project newsletters, for notifications about upcoming funding or business opportunities, or vacancies on one of our Citizens Advisory Committees. Subscribe now.
- Lifeline Transportation Program
- OneBayArea Grant Program
- Proposition AA
(Vehicle Registration Fee)
- Prop AA Expenditure Plan
- Proposition K (Half-cent
Local Sales Tax for Transportation)
- Prop K Expenditure Plan
- MyStreetSF interactive map of Prop K projects
- Transportation Fund for Clean Air
- Caltrain Electrification and Positive Train Control
- Central Subway
- California High-speed Rail Project
- Folsom Street Off-ramp Realignment Project
- SFMTA Muni Modernization Projects
- Transbay Transit Center and
Caltrain Downtown Extension
- Model and Travel Forecasting
- Model Service Bureau
- CycleTracks for iPhone and Android
- Dynamic Traffic Assignment
- Geneva-Harney Bus Rapid Transit
- Presidio Parkway (the Doyle Drive
- Van Ness Avenue Bus Rapid Transit
- Yerba Buena Island I-80 Interchange Improvement Project
- 19th Avenue Transit Study
- Balboa Park Station Area
- Caltrain Oakdale Station Study (incl. Caltrain Oakdale Station Ridership Study)
- Geary Corridor Bus Rapid Transit Feasibility Study
- Quint/Jerrold Connector Road (Quint St. Bridge Replacement Project)
- San Francisco Parking Supply and Utilization Study
- Transportation Demand Management Partnership Project
- 19th Avenue Park Presidio Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2008)
- Auto Trip Generation Study (2008)
- Bayshore Intermodal Station Access Study (2012)
- Bayview Hunters Point Mobility Solutions Study (2013)
- Bayview Hunters Point Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2010)
- Better Streets Plan (2010)
- Bi-County Transportation Study (2013)
- Central Freeway and Octavia Blvd. Circulation Study (2012)
- CityBuild Academy
- Columbus Avenue Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2010)
- The Countywide Transportation Plan (2004)
- Market Street Studies (various)
- Mission-Geneva Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2007)
- Mission South of Chavez Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2007)
- Mobility, Access and Pricing Study (2010)
- On-Street Parking Management and Pricing Study (2009)
- Tenderloin/Little Saigon Community Transportation Study (2007)
- Western SOMA Neighborhood Transportation Plan (2012)